One Sunday each month, UUCR's Community Choir fills the sanctuary with a joyful noise! Our rehearsals are lighthearted yet rigorous, which means that our singers have fun and produce some awe-inspiring sound! The choir is led by UUCR's Director of Music, Sarah Jebian, assisted by our staff pianist, Justin Furnia.
If you ever thought about joining a choir, what are you waiting for?
- We rehearse on Thursdays from 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary. You can come and go as life demands.
- We sing once a month at the 9:00 a.m. & 11:15 a.m. worship services with a brief rehearsal before the first service.
- We sing a wide variety of music and prioritize music by living composers. Mozart & friends will pop up from time to time but they aren't our bread & butter.
- The choir is open to singers ages 14 and up.
- You don't have to audition but our Director of Music will do a 'voice check' to place you in the correct section and get to know your voice.
- You do not have to read music. Practice recordings for ALL of our music are provided online.
- All choir members are expected to practice our music on their own time, outside of our scheduled rehearsals.
- We know that gender and voice type are not the same thing. We know some other things too. That's not to say we don't mess it up sometimes. But you're safe here, whoever you are.
- We're not all that concerned about what you believe and don't believe, but we hope you try to live a life centered in love.